Sunday 27 April 2014

Birthday Sponge Bags

I made three wash bags as gifts for family members who all had birthdays in April. I used this great tutorial from Life in Grace.

I found ironing on the interfacing to be the hardest part. I am coming to loathe fusible interfacing. I only have a small iron so it takes forever, and I can't get it to work with a press cloth OR on the wool setting...ugh. The vinyl, on the other hand, ironed on like a dream.

I was worried my machine (which is this tiny Hello Kitty one) wouldn't go through the different layers but, as with the very thick oven gloves I made, it was fine. My machine isn't perfect and I will look to upgrade it in the next year, but I wouldn't get rid of it even then as it is such a great little workhorse. Perfect for beginners and those with limited space.

The Liverpool FC patch was an iron-on I bought online, where I also picked up the zips. Everything else was fabric I already had in my stash! A great stash-busting project. I stuffed them with tissue and different samples. I took pictures of the insides too so you can see that I used contrasting lining for each one.

They went down a storm!






No comments:

Post a Comment